Saturday, February 17, 2024

Doors and Storefronts of Medina, Ohio

Door And Storefronts of Medina, Ohio

Medina, Ohio is a historic town with a charming square and many unique buildings. All around Medina Public Square, you will encounter some of the most interesting and quaint specialty shops and boutiques in the country. I wanted to capture the beauty and diversity of uptown Medina by creating a composite photograph using individual pictures of its doors and storefronts. I devoted a fall afternoon to walking around Medina Square, photographing more than 24 storefronts and doors.

In 1967, a group of Medina citizens concerned about the loss of character of the uptown area began a grassroots effort to return Public Square to its historic appearance. Today, the restored Public Square is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Looking up at the architecture of the buildings, you will see a Medina Public Square rich with stories about bygone times, creating a sense of nostalgia for visitors and residents alike.

Arriving home that late October afternoon, I downloaded the pictures to the computer. I was pleased to have captured so many great pictures, but I knew it would take a lot of work to edit each one. I was also far behind in my editing work from other photo shoots, so this project had to wait its turn. Finally, four months later, I completed the project I set out to do. The result is a stunning composite photographic series of doors and storefronts of Medina, Ohio, that reflects the historic and artistic charm of the town. The collection includes a vertical panoramic of 24 doors, a standard-sized vertical print of 16 doors, three horizontal prints of 8 doors each and 4 square prints of 6 doors each.

 


 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment